Friday, December 23, 2011
Home Alone
Clock that doesn’t count the hours gone by
but only the joys spent,
paints and brushes that bring colors
to anyone’s mundane existence.
A companion who dares to uncover
the nakedness of my soul,
a glass wine that never runs dry
of life’s sweet intoxicating smell.
Those are my holiday shopping idea
that can not be accomplished
by shopping in Waltermart nor any malls around .
They simply don’t come with a tag ,do they?
My address book is all about I, me and mine
I buy for Me to receive
I give for Me to take
Me is the best companion there is.
Only Me comprehends that
I , as incorrigible as Me,
Mine are my Dreams
Mine is my Time
shared with only I and Me.
Yellow Cab’s All Meat Lovers Pizza
baked potato wedges
pistachio’s ice cream
salmon sashimi and chinese take out.
I simply hate dressing up with nowhere to go
I might as well pig out
and drown myself with what is it called?
F R E E D O M
No, I am not alone
I have I, me and mine
you can’t beat that trio
for when you are free
what else is there to lose
but yourself?
Freedom’s just another word for nothin’ left to lose,
And nothin’ ain’t worth nothin’ but it’s free,
Feelin’ good was easy, lord, when Bobby sang the blues,
And buddy, that was good enough for me,
Good enough for me and my Bobby McGee.
—From “Me and Bobby McGee” by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I love where this week's theme took your muse. Merry Christmas and Big Hugs to you. ~barb k~
ReplyDeleteBarb!! Thank you so much! So glad to see you here!!! Merry Christmas to you too! ((hugging u back!))
ReplyDelete