Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Last Petal



It was only yesterday Smitten by my charms 
 You took me in your arm 
 Plucked me of all the roses in the field 
Soft whispers of promises tickling my ears 


Every touch of your lips I nearly shed tears 
 Your dazzling eyes sparkle than any Swarovski rhinetone
 I know 
 What a day ! I hope it never ends! 
 To be young and drown in love 
 Daisies and Tulips in the garden watch us in awe 


Basking under the sun absorbing every kiss bestowed 
 If only I could hold the clock from ticking 
 You would be here, I would be here 
 Nothing would change, forever would be today 

 

But each day I shed a petal or two 
 Each day you become cold and unfeeling 
 Each day I feel I have to kneel down on you 
 The moon hides , the sun rises
 Each day I shed a petal of hope 
 You don't even stay to watch when my last petal falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment